I had never considered how much chocolate there is around Easter until all of that chocolate was out of grabs for me.
Even though my family does not really celebrate Easter, we can’t help but get involved in the huge chocolate rush that comes with the holiday. Being on my first competition prep has kept a lot of foods out of my diet and unfortunately, besides all the pizza, the food I’ve missed the most is chocolate. You can imagine how frustrating it’s been watching all the Easter egg hunts and wishing desperately that I could get my own hands on a huge chocolate bunny!
But I’ve never been one to stay down for too long! Instead I decided to create little chocolate bites that I could easily fit into my macro goals while still helping me overcome my FOMO and help me indulge a little guilt-free.
In came these simple, 4-ingredient Chocolate Almond bites!
At less than 80 calories a piece, these are so simple to make and taste so good that the whole family wanted a piece!
Give these a try as a treat whenever the chocolate craving gets a little too hard.
- Serves: 15
- Serving size: 15
- Calories: 78
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Trans fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 2.6mg
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 ½ cups shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 dates
- 15 almonds (crushed)
- 70g dark chocolate (70% or more)
- Spray a silicone chocolate mould with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dates and coconut in a food processor until slightly sticky, about three minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler (in a small glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water).
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour a small amount into each mould.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and push firmly into each mould.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.