Low-carb days are really difficult. However, when I’m carb-cycling and I know that in a few days I will get to enjoy all the carbs I want, then they are a difficulty I’ll happily endure.
Part of the hardship of low-carb eating is that I am not a fan of piling up on vegetables. As healthy as I’d like to be,I often find that I stick to a small amount of vegetables and keep them on rotation for most of my meals. No matter how much I love cauliflower, I can only have it so many times a day. So I’ve been experimenting a lot with different kinds of vegetables and I’ve found that I really enjoy stir-fry. From the different variations that I’ve tried out, I’ve really enjoyed this particular combination, even though it includes asparagus. The meal is actually quite filling which can oftentimes be a negative aspect of going low-carb.
So if you want to reduce your carb-intake while still enjoying your meals and not spending hours in the kitchen making cauliflower pizza (no matter how good it tastes), then you should definitely give this recipe a try. Play around with the vegetable combinations until you find one that you enjoy.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 2
- Calories: 355.5
- Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1g
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 300g Steak (Frying steak cut is preferable)
- ½ red pepper (sliced)
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 large carrot (thinly-sliced)
- 50g baby corn
- 150g asparagus
- Steak seasoning
- ¼cup red wine (optional)
- Coconut oil for grilling
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season both sides of your steak pieces.
- Add coconut oil to a pan and heat it up slightly.
- Fry each side of the steak in the pan for a few minutes. (3 minutes - Rare to medium done | 5 minutes - Medium done | 8 minutes -Well done)
- Remove the steak from the pan and place on a wooden rack.
- If you prefer, you can add some red wine to the pan or add some more coconut oil so that the vegetables don't stick to the pan.
- Add all the vegetables and lightly fry them for about 10 minutes.
- You can also add the sesame seeds at this point.
- Once cooked but still crunchy, serve up the vegetables in a plate.
- Slice the steak into slices and add them to the plate.
- Best prepared directly before consumption to enjoy the steak while still juicy!